Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Since I'm home today with Will who is struggling with croup I thought I'd take a minute to recap the weekend.

Here we go.

Farmer Boy and Kelli pretended to be Ma Ingalls.  They took our eggs to the Yoga Center.  

Do you think Farmer Boys resembles Caroline Ingalls in any way?  It might be his Carhart coat. Maybe it's the hat.  Maybe it's the stubble on his chin.

Kelli is with Ruthann, who is nothing like Mrs. Olsen from Little House on the Prairie.  I can't see Mrs. Olsen doing 'downward facing dog'.  In fact, I think I'll just not even go there.  Ruthann used to be our neighbor before we moved out to the farm.  She owns the yoga center and during Christmas she called, wondering if she could sell our eggs.  She told us that many of her yoga participants want local food, and since Ruthann knew we had eggs, she called us to see if we could work something out.  The kids charge $3.00/dozen and Ruthann takes $.50 from each dozen.


The girls also got their hair cut.  They drove downtown without me, in Kelli's car, without me.  Kelli did fine.  I was extremely nervous, had visions of left turns going wrong, but I made it through.  Of course I made Kelli call me when she was safely inside the beauty salon.






Notice that both girls opted to have their hair straightened.  Perhaps I've passed a little curl hatred onto them.  Surely not.  I never bad mouth my curls.


Would you bad mouth these curls? Speaking of my curls.....they got a little TLC this weekend as well.  They were trimmed and polished.  They have begun to get a little grey, if you can believe that.  It's like a little revolution on my head.  I suppose I've always had a revolution on my head.  I should be used to it but I'm not.  I'm still determined to be victorious and have my hair obey me.  So far it's not really working out for me.  Anyway, the curls had a touch up.  Notice I didn't straighten them, only polished. 

Farmer Boy got to be Caroline. Our eggs got to watch women from all over town do 'downward facing dog'.  The girls got to have straight hair, and I exerted some control over the curls.

Not bad for a weekend.

Over and out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!