Friday, September 23, 2011

Focus


I have a new man in my life.  His name is Josh.  He came over today to hang out with me for a while.


 I kinda have a crush on him.


Who doesn't love a man who wears froggie footies?



And who doesn't like a little chub on the legs?  Come on.  Need I say more?

Josh is very well mannered.  All he wanted to do with me today is sit and rock.  So we did.  We both took a little nap.  When we woke up we were both hungry.  He chose milk for lunch - very easy to prepare.  I chose leftover spaghetti.

After we got cleaned up from lunch we sat and talked.  He told me all kinds of stories, mostly about heaven and Jesus. He has only been around these parts for three month so he knows some things that I've forgotten.  I've been around these parts a lot longer than three months - I'm not going to say how much longer.  A lot longer.

His stories reminded me of love and grace and about what is really important. While I was watching his lips move, the thought came to me that perhaps I've gotten a little lost in the details lately.  Having three kids in three different sports means a lot of running and a lot of details.  I've also found and started a new job so I feel slightly overwhelmed, wobbly, and jello-like.

Details.  Details. Details.  Scattered.  Flustered.  Out of focus.

Why is it so easy to lose focus?  As I sit here and look around, things are fuzzy. I guess sometimes it takes longer than I would like to get things clear again.


Josh helped me get a start on it today.

I hope he comes back around soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!