Friday, May 18, 2012

This Morning

I just got in from walking the kids out to the bus.

It's their last Friday of school for this year. Their last day is Thursday of next week. They have four more days of school. Four more days.

Usually, after the kids get on the bus, I march into the house, clean up my kitchen and way I go. It might be laundry, running, or showering and heading to work but I always get right to it.

Not this morning.

This morning as I walked back to the house I let the morning grab my hand and walk beside me. I stopped in the driveway, stood still in my pajama pants, and let the wind try to straighten up my hair. I had my cup of tea. I took some deep breaths and stood still. Still, not moving, watching the bus bullet down the road, carrying the kids off to school.  I wandered back into the house, grabbed our camera, walked around my little piece of Midwest and took a few pictures. Is it possible to stop time with a camera?

I'm guessing the answer to that is no. However, I did catch a glimpse of this morning. This last Friday of fifth grade, eighth grade and her junior year.

Here's to this morning.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!