Monday, October 14, 2013

Today Was

Today wasn't just Monday.
Can you guess what else it was?


Did you see it on a calendar?


 I know it was Columbus Day.

 But it was so much more.
Today seemed like the perfect opportunity to go hunting for things to be thankful for.

All day I kept my eyes open and my camera ready.


Beautiful isn't it?

All of the above photos ( except for the ones from my front porch) where taken where I run in the mornings. I know I should get up early and run so I actually arrive to work on time. But do you see why I wait until the sun is up?

Too much beauty to resist.

Today was beauty.






















Today was the last cross country meet of Will's season. Lizzy and I went to watch, to cheer and to take pictures.

Today was a day to yell, "Stay strong. Fight through it. Run your race. Come on Will. Go!"

I got to stand next to Lizzy and holler, cheer, and watch her take pictures of her brother.

Today was exhilarating.




Today I drove home from the meet through campus with Will and Lizzy in the van. It was a little after 5:00 and everyone was escaping campus and heading home. The world seemed swaddled in a golden blanket, sun setting, leaves changing. I looked at Lizzy and saw her looking out her window. She seemed to be taking it all in, the students, the buildings, the commotion. College.

We caught a glimpse of the marching band practicing as we sat at a stop sign. Heaps of bikes and instrument cases scattered underneath a huge oak tree, the sounds of a football game the perfect accompaniment to the afternoon.

As we drew closer to home we talked about supper and the trifle they were planning to assemble. Today was a day to fix a special dessert.

Today was a drive through campus.

Today was whip cream, pudding, pound cake, strawberries, pineapple and kiwi.

Today was delicious.

Today was a gift.

Today was Thanksgiving!




1 comment:

  1. Aww - a belated Thanksgiving to you and yours Kris! So nice to see that Red and White flag displayed on your porch! What an amazing looking Trifle - Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!