Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Lovely Words

I'm longing for lovely words to start this day.
I've got nothing.
Thought I'd share some lovely words I've been reading lately.

C.S. Lewis says, "...every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part of you that chooses into something a little different from what it was before. And taking your life as a whole, with all your innumerable choices, all your life long you are slowly turning this central thing either into a heavenly creature or into a hellish creature: either into a creature that is in harmony with God and with other creatures and with itself, or else into one that is in a state of war and hatred with God and with its fellow creatures and with itself. to be the one is heaven, that is it is joy, and peace and knowledge and power. To be the other means madness, horror idiocy, rage, impotence and eternal loneliness. Each of us at each moment is progressing to the one state of the other.

John Ortberg says, "People who give us life are people who notice us. They know what we love and fear. When we work to truly notice someone else, love for them grows. When we work to truly observe another person, in that self forgetfulness, our own soul flourishes. Love grows when people serve."

Mother Theresa says, "If you can't do great things, do little things with great love. If you can't do them with great love, do them with a little love. If you can't do them with a little love, do them anyway."

The Lord says, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
for I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour." (Isaiah 43:1-3)

Lovely words. When I've got nothing, sometimes lovely words are all I need.

Over and out.

Have a fabulous day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!