Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Rock

The dishwasher is running, cleaning up the last details of our day. Brandi Carlisle is singing to me, telling me she's Taking the Hard Way Home.

It's good to sit, good to shut the day down with some stillness and some quiet. Today is almost over. It's wrung out like the dishtowel hanging on the oven rack.

It's time to sit. Time to be still and take some time.

The words of Isaiah started my day and I'll read them again to end it.

You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast
because they trust in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.
(Is. 26:3-4)

Paul joins his voice and the world seems to say Amen.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen,
since what is seen is temporary,
but what is unseen is eternal.
(2 Co. 4:18)

Tomorrow will be another day of running, chasing, and wringing, but tonight when my head hits the pillow I'm going to think about perfect peace, about a mind set on the Rock eternal, and remind myself that the chasing is temporary. My Rock, my Rock himself, my Rock is eternal. With that I'll close my eyes, feel his hand in mine and let sleep come.

Hope you had a fabulous day.

Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!