It didn’t take too many weeks of work until I ran right into the loving arms of my crock pot.
I love him and I will never leave him.
He cooks for me. He welcomes me home, meets me at the door with warm, loving arms and tells me it’s okay if I’m tired and don’t feel like cooking. He’s done all the work for me.
I love him.
Last night we had the easiest supper ever.
Here’s what you do.
1. Buy a roast – whatever cut is on sale since the price of beef is going up. We had a sirloin tip roast but we’re special. We don’t have to buy our beef at the grocery store. We get it from Farmer Boy’s cousin. I’m sorry if you don’t have a Farmer Boy with a cousin who raises beef. It really is the best way to go.
2. Buy a jar of pepperoncini peppers. I get the organic variety because there is no added coloring in the ingredients but do what you like.
3. Grab hold of your crock pot, smile at it lovingly, caress it if you feel so led, and then place it on your kitchen counter. Know that it will work hard for you while you are out and about all day.
4. Place the roast in the crock pot. It doesn’t matter if it’s frozen. Plop it in there.
5. Pour the jar of peppers on the meat, juice and all. If you think you may not want that much spice, use a half of a jar.
6. Put the lid on the crock pot, turn the setting to low and then go brush your teeth, get dressed, fix your lunch, sing to your grouchy teenagers, whatever you need to do. Your loving crock pot has got supper and there’s nothing more you need to worry about until you get home from work.
7. Go to work.
8. Come home from work and when you first enter your house, savor the smell of supper, cooked, ready, and waiting. Hug yourself, wink at the crock pot as you go upstairs to change out of your work clothes and sing a dinner ditty.
Here’s my veggie dip recipe. My kids love it.
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 1 C natural yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 shakes garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper for taste
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. dill weed (dried)
- 1 tbsp. parsley (dried)
Blend ingredients together with a whisk. Refrigerate and enjoy the blend of natural flavors.