Thursday, July 4, 2019

When You Need to Share Some Wedding Pics!

I want you to be prepared for what lies ahead.

Pictures. Loads of wedding pictures.

I have been holding onto them. Savoring. The wedding was the most fabulous day and I simply have not been ready to let go. I wanted to sit with it a little longer.

The day took so much planning and thought. It brought all of our people together and it was so special and enjoyable and lovely and I want to go back and do it all again because I don't think I talked to everyone I wanted to and lingered long enough.

I could go on but let's get started with the photos.


Liz with Kelli's personal attendant Megan who has been a sweet friend of our family for a long while and who did an awesome job of taking care of all the girls.

The girls and my folks waiting for the call from the photographer. The day was extremely hot and humid so they waited indoors.

The bridal party on the steps of the gorgeous church that is just down street from our house.

Duckworth kiddos. Billy the bestman and Jordan's friend since elementary school and his dear sister Kim.

Kim and Corey - another of Jordan's longtime friends and a groomsman.

I could not find the stupid hole to buckle my shoe. It's a long way down there and my eyes....... Kim to the rescue.

Getting instructions from the wedding coordinator who was a lifesaver. 

Will had just gotten back from a rough week of camp the night before. He perhaps wasn't feeling his freshest.at this point but he perked up as the day progressed. He was a trooper.

Farmer Boy and I waiting for the shindig to get started.

The groomsmen. Corey, Billy and Matt (Jordan's older brother).

Me and my man.

Farmer Boy and his other sweet girl- the maid of honor.

Amanda. One of Kelli's longtime buddies. Our families have been friends since car seat days.

Friends forever. We could not have pulled off the day without Bill and Shelia. Thanks guys.

Jordan's sister Alyssa sandwiched by her grandfather and husband.

Such a great pic of Bill and Shelia.

Da boyz. Groomsmen wore vests. Ushers wore shirt and tie. All looked sharp.

Almost time!

I write in my journal almost every morning. I think it is what is currently saving my life. It's my place. A solitary place that is essential for me.

I looked back at it today, as I often do, and had to smile at some of my pre-wedding entries. Let me share some snippets.

Lord, how are you with tiny details? Why do I believe so strongly that if I don't do it, it won't get done or won't get done correctly. I hate being a Martha and I know, I know you said there is a better way but I don't know how to bypass this thought process especially with all the things that need done. It truly is easier if I just do it.
I'm tired, stressed, overwhelmed, confused and scared that Saturday will be confusing, chaotic and not enjoyable

Kelli watching the action outside with the photographer.

Kelli and her Grandma Erb

Three generations. So precious.

Grandma and Grandpa Erb





Daddy was holding on pretty tightly at this point. I'm not sure he had decided if he was going to let go or not.


Kelli and Grandma Johnston


On the Thursday before the wedding I wrote:
Wedding. Wedding. Wedding.
Lord, let's talk about something else. The wedding is making me weary. My heart is flippity floppity. What else can we discuss?
  • The house is chilly this morning. The temperatures dropped in the night.
  • I was going to strength train but I think a walk sounds completely delightful.
  • I want to hide away. Why is that my default when life gets stressful? I want to sleep, drink gallons of hot tea and read in a place where no one can possibly find me. 
  • One lone bird is carrying the morning melody. What is up with the other birds? Are they hung over? Still sleeping?






Mr. and Mrs. Williams!! They did it.






Daddy did it. He wasn't sure he could walk her down the aisle and give her away. He and I gave a toast together and we struggled a bit getting all of our words out but we did it together which is how we've been doing life for almost 28 years.


These two planned and executed the reception. They did a fantastic job and we were very proud.

My two sisters and I cracking up about something! My sweet baby brother came in from Prince Edward Island and of course I commemorated that by taking zero pictures of the two of us or the four of us siblings. What?

The Johnston 5 is now the Johnston 6.

This may have been my favorite part. I was so looking forward to the dance and I danced my heart out! So. Much. Fun.


One more snippet to share and then I'll let you go. This one was written on the Wednesday following the wedding.

Today I go back to work. Back to normal? Is that even possible? I hope the wedding, Will's graduation, the move and all the change that has taken place this past year has made me better. I am hoping for more gracious, more patient and more faithful. Okay. you're right, I need more work but please continue to do your work in me and through me.  
With so much behind us this past year I can't help but wonder what lies ahead. Now what? A page is turning to be sure. A new chapter is beginning. Where? What? Who?  How?
I guess I simply have to begin.

That's all I've got. I hope you enjoyed our wedding story. The bride and groom are back from their honeymoon, settled in their apartment which is only about 20 minutes from us and they have both started back to work. I was texting with Kelli this morning and she was telling me about baking cookies for the husband and how she loved her mixing bowl and cookie sheets she got as wedding presents.

And all I could say was, "Thank you Lord."




5 comments:

  1. Time to update your tagline! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make my heart full!! Love ya Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. Stop by and see ya sometime. You have my number right?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! What a lovely day and reflections! God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!