Thursday, January 20, 2011

Favorites - quick!

This has to be quick.  My curls need attention before I go to work.  Curls are a pain but what are you gonna do?

Okay, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite things with you.  Why not?  Maybe you can leave a comment and tell me some of your favorite things.  This will probably be an ongoing thing because my favorite things change.  For today, let's begin with my favorite books.



I didn't get the author's name on the picture and right now it escapes me.  If I had more time (remember this has to be quick) I'd run up and get the book but no time.  This is a synopsis of Lewis's work.  I love C.S. Lewis.  I kinda wish I could have been around when he was.  I think I would have married him. Hard to say.  He's wise, he's articulate, he's imaginative and he loves Jesus.  Great book.  Lots to chew on.  He's the one who gave me my New Year's resolution to be more loving instead of chasing after love.  

Next,

 "the other side of the bridge" by Mary Lawson.  I got this one off my friend Sarah's blog.  Check it out at smallworldathome.blogspot.com.  If I'd had more time, (curls are calling, clock is ticking), I'd tell you how her blog is one of my favorite things but you will have to go check it out on your own.  This book is set in Canada in the 30's and 50's.  Not only in Canada but Ontario.  There is places in there like North Bay, New Liskeard, Toronto, Guelph.  Home.  Home.  Not only is home there, but the story is totally captivating.  Brothers fighting.  Family.  Farming.  I'm completely lost in it.  Love it.

Finally,


"Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby.  This book is life changing.  Mr. Blackaby pastored a church in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan so I liked him before I opened the book.  There is so much in there but let me just share what I read today.

Agree with God that you will follow Him one day at a time.
Agree to follow Him even when He does not spell out all the details.
Agree that you will let Him be your Way.

Most excellent. 

My time is done.  My typos are probably plenty but I have no time to fix them.  My photography is in need but hopefully you can get a sufficient glimpse.  

Hope you have a wonderful day.



1 comment:

  1. Love "Experiencing God"- a group of women at my church studied it years ago. I think I may still have it around. I should go and look for it.
    Love C.S. Lewis, but I don't think I would have married him. I would have left him for you to marry. :)
    I haven't read "The Other Side of the Bridge", but think I should. I am going to add it to my list of books to read- that ever-growing list that will take me to the next century to finish.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!