Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year's Lethargy

Holly and I were hanging out by the fire last night.  We were going over the day.  The kids started back to school.  I started back to work.  Yesterday was the official start of 2011.

I asked Holly what she thought of it all.

She didn't really say much.  She kinda looked like I felt.


I asked her if she had any New Year's resolutions.


I think I heard her mutter something about more sleep.  Maybe it was more vacation time.  Maybe it was more quiet time by the fire.  It was hard to tell.

The day had slipped away and it was time for Holly and I to go to bed.  Tomorrow was going to be a blustery day of activities, appointments, groceries and lists.  I told her we both needed our beauty sleep.

C'mon Holly, it's time for bed.


"I'm already beautiful",  Holly said.  "Why can't I sleep right here?  Why do you want to ruin a good thing?"  

I ignored her.  Tomorrow was already weighing on me.  I kept up in my resolve and so did she.

"Why get up?",  she whispered to me.  "Do you really think I want to face tomorrow?  I'll just lay back down here on top of your arm.  No need to move it.  It doesn't bother me one bit."


She won.  Tomorrow will have to wait I guess.  Maybe she's not as dumb as I think she is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!