Friday, March 18, 2011

A Little Bit of Clapping


Sometimes life on the farm gets reflective.  Reflection is necessary, it sustains,  reminds me of what is important and where my focus should be.  One morning this week, I believe it was Tuesday, I was going about my daily chores.  Laundry was piled and waiting for it's turn, breakfast was cleaned up, beds were made, and the ironing was waiting for me.   A snippet of verse kept popping up.  "Seek the Lord while he may be found."  Of course I couldn't remember where that came from so I pulled out my big Bible from Bible college days, and looked it up in the concordance.  Isaiah 55.  It's glorious.  Perhaps God was whispering to me.  Was he was throwing a pebble at my window, asking me if I wanted to go away with him?  I'm not sure.  Perhaps it's best if I share with you and let you decide.

Why spend your your money on food that does not give you strength?  Why pay for food that does you no good?  Listen, and I will tell you where to get food that is good for the soul!


Why do I spend so much time thinking about food? Yes, I want to be healthy.  Not too much sugar.  Not too many carbs.  I don't want to upset my delicate hormone balance.  Perhaps now and then, it's important to hit the reset button on my focus.


Come to me with your ears wide open.  Listen, for the life of your soul is at stake.....I will give you all the mercies and unfailing love that I promised to David.


Because this was Spring Break week and my normal schedule was set aside, I decided to try and immerse myself more into God's word. I kept imagining God throwing that pebble at my window.  Who am I to say no to that?  I continued my study of Isaiah but I also re-opened a Beth Moore study I completed years ago.  I have to admit I've been feeling a little lost.  Life does that.  Nothing major has to happen.  Every day things can cloud my way, I get lost in things that frankly don't matter.  Flustered, worried, lost.  So this week, I dove into His word, hoping I might see the path I've lost somewhere along the way.


Seek the Lord while you can find him.  Call on him now while he is near......Yes, turn to our God for he will abundantly pardon.


Wednesday night two of my library books were sitting on my dresser screaming at me that they were several days overdue.  I picked them up, grabbed Farmer Boy, and told him we were going to take them back to the library right then and there.  I have no idea where that idea came from.  It wasn't a grand plan but as it turns out it was a great plan.  We talked about some things that needed talked about.  Nothing earth shattering, simply necessary.  I do believe it was a God ordained trip to the library.


I send it out (my word) and it always produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.  You will live in joy and peace.  The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands!


Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!