Monday, July 25, 2011

Sheep At The Fair




County Fair.  It's here.  It's hot.  It's all Farmer Boy and the kids have been doing since Friday.  

Today was the sheep show.  I went for a run at 6:30 a.m. and when I left no one else was up.  When I got back at 7:30 a.m., the house was completely empty.  Sheep show or bust.


Where else but the county fair would you see a cute girl taking a sheep for a walk?  Maybe that should be a new book, you know like 'Sheep In A Jeep', 'Sheep Out To Eat', 'Sheep On A Ship'.  It doesn't sound as near as catchy but 'Sheep At The Fair' might have a future.


 Sheep At The Fair


Sheep loves the girl with the curly blond hair.
He'd follow her anywhere.


She walks him, feeds him and call him Honey.



He'll do his best to win her some money.



 Sheep poses, sheep looks great.  He has to wonder, "Why the wait?"






Sheep wonders, "Who's that guy?"
Sheep glances, prances and questions why?




Why the wait and who are you?
If you touch me again, I'll poop on your shoe.

Sheep smiles as he leaves the ring.
He hopes that kick will start to sting.

The End.

P.S.  Some sheep facts.

A male sheep is called a whether.
Kelli received 4th in showmanship with her ewe.
She received 7th with the ewe for the commercial weight class.
And 4th in the market lamb class with her dedicated and devoted whether.

Not that it matters, but I didn't like the judge either.  If I coulda, I woulda, kicked him too.  How could you not give a cute girl like Kelli the top prize?  I don't get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!