Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Impressions

I wanted to say thank you for all the kind words of encouragement I received after my post on Monday.  Days like that usually only last 24 hours and then the sun comes out.  That is exactly what happened this time around.  When will the next time come?  Heaven knows but hasn't told me yet.  I'll just have to wait and see.

"The Lord wants me exactly where I am - He will provide the answers."


Those words belong to Mother Teresa.  The more I read her words the more I want to be like her. She believed, she trusted and she stood firmly on her call, never doubting what she knew God wanted her to do.  After reading her book,  "Suffering Into Joy" and then reading my Bible the other morning I wrote down a prayer.  I thought I'd share it with you.   


Change me.  Drain away my pride and my need for applause and glory.  Fill me with your love.  Use my hands, my pen, whatever of mine you desire, to serve right here, right where I am.  May I not seek glory, may I simply seek you.  May me focus be you, not me.  Cure my unbelief.  Forgive me for not trusting.  Forgive me for fearing, for somehow always believing there has got to be more than this.  May I only lift you up with my words, my thoughts, my attitudes.  It's time to set myself down.  All that I am now, all that I have been, everything that's brought me to this moment, every little thing is you, all you.  All You.  Forgive me when I use my words to promote myself or attempt to gain admiration and applause from my audience, whoever they may be.  Forgive me for trying to steal your glory.  

After I got done writing that I picked up my copy of "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers.  I think God may have been trying to impress something on me that morning.  These are the words that stood up and said hello.

"I am His and He is carrying out his enterprises through me."

What do you think?   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!