Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday

I shift into gear about 5:15 a.m. on Monday mornings.  I try to luxuriate on the weekends.  I try to wear my polka dot fuzzy pants as much as possible.  I try to take a nap.  I like to watch a movie or two.

Monday is not about luxuriating.  It's about getting things done.

5:30 a.m. - Got up and gathered dirty laundry, lugged it downstairs and made piles.  I'm almost through the piles as I sit here.

6:30 a.m. - Kids got up.  Breakfast was plain pancakes for Will, chocolate chip pancakes for the girls.

7:27 a.m. - Time to head out to catch the bus.  Papers are signed.  Plans for the afternoon made.  I pick up Elizabeth after track practice.  Kelli has a banquet tonight.  Will has baseball assessment.  I have to talk about these things in the morning so I feel comfortable moving forward into our day, I guess it's like looking at a map before I set out on a journey.

7:30 a.m. - Kids are on the bus.  Breakfast dishes to clean up.  I sat by my east window for just a few more precious moments.  I needed to pray.  I wanted a little more stillness before I faced more of the day.

8:00 a.m. - Changed up laundry.

8:15 a.m. - Ran with Holly.




We got more snow yesterday and the morning was absolutely beautiful.  I tried to run and snap pictures but it wasn't working.  I had to stop and Holly couldn't figure out what was going on.

We ran for about 45 minutes.  When we got back home I did a circuit of some strength training.
Two times through of 15 pushups, 15 squat lifts with ten pound weights, 15 bicep curls with a forward lunge, 25 center sit-ups, 25 side sit ups, 25 hip raises and 15 superman lifts.

I love exercising.  I could park it right here and just work out all day.  I know I'd get tired but I love how I feel.  I love the clothes I get to wear when I work out.  I love the music I listen to.  I love everything about it.  If I could only figure out how to get paid to work out, I'd have it made.

10:40 - I arrived at work.  I was late.  I exercised to long.  Did I mention that I love to work out?

2:30 - Back at home to finish laundry and get ready for supper.

4:10 p.m. - Fished out some spaghetti sauce out of the freezer.  It will feed me, Lizzy and Will.  Farmer Boy and Kelli will eat at the banquet.  I'll pick Lizzy up from practice, take her friend home, come back here feed myself, Liz and Will and then take Will where he needs to be. Hopefully I'll get home around 8:30 and I'll make a mad dash for my fuzzy pajama pants to try and get a little luxuriating in before we do it all over again tomorrow.

4:30 p.m. - Sat down at my computer to share this all with you.

That's today.  All is grace.  Everything is a gift.  Thanks for allowing me to share my day with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!