Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday

It's sunny outside.



Look at my daffodils! I can't believe it's March and the grass is green, the hostas are breaking through and my daffodils are blooming. What is going on here?


Miss Kelli is at work. She always makes her bed in the morning. Not today. It's Saturday.



Saturday means chores. These two were told to deal with their egg chores. Looks like they are hard at it. If any of you out there know effective strategies to get your kids to do chores, please, please let me know. Please include methods of controlling whining and complaining as chores are being completed. I would greatly appreciate it.


I know, I know, I look good. I worked out already this morning. Saturday means a spinning class.  It was glorious even though my body wouldn't completely agree with those words. Some days I feel like Wonder Woman when it comes to exercise, some days I feel like a slimy slug. Today was a slug day. However, I got up, did it, and that is all I need to feel glorious.


This kitchen is not glorious. This kitchen is messy and sticky. I wonder how the people I live with, the ones I love most, can eat breakfast, create a mess and then walk away from it as if the story is over. This story is not over! This story needs a clean ending. I am not the author of this story. I do not want to be the one to give it a clean ending.

Why am I sure that I'm going to be the one to end this story?

Perhaps the only answer to my question is, it's Saturday.

Happy Saturday. What are you doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!