Thursday, August 23, 2012

Enough

Some days I just don't have much to say.

I want to say something grand and wonderful, thought provoking and even tear jerking, but I've got nothing. I should be in fifth gear, zooming through the day, getting things done, checking things off, being productive. I like productive. After all, there is a lot to get done.

It's not really working out for me today.  I'm not in fifth gear. I don't think I'm even in first gear. Honestly, I'm not even in the car. I'm pretty stationary actually. Not moving much. Quiet. Thinking.

Maybe it's my allergy medicine.

Maybe I'm aging.  Don't you mellow with age? Well, I'm not aging. I'm just getting stronger and better looking. Right?

Don't answer that.

This summer on our trip to Tenessee, Sarah and I were in the kitchen cleaning up. She was doing her thing and I was trying to help. She got to a point and then she said, "Well, that's enough for now."

My sister and I were chatting on the phone a while back. She was telling me about her daughter and her daughter's preparations for a birthday party. My sister mentioned that she told her daughter that her house was clean enough. "It's clean enough, you've done enough", she told her.

Two different stories. Two different places. Two different people who mean a lot to me.

That's enough for now.

It's clean enough.

Not really fifth gear words. There's no zooming or productivity mixed up with those words.

Simply words simmering in the back of my mind, like a pot of chili on a windy day.

Simmering. Sitting.

Their words make me think of a life that is more on purpose than on accident. Less busy, less hurried. They make me stop and think about my gifts, the ones that God gave me.

Enough.

Enough fear. Enough worry about the thoughts of others. Enough worry about my kids falling behind or not being as cool as the other kids.

That's enough for now.

Being comfortable with where I am today. Who I am today.

I think they're right. Both of them.

It's enough. It truly is enough for now.

Yep. That's all I've got for now.

But wait.

I have to post a picture. It just wouldn't seem right if I didn't.

So.......


I had had enough of my zucchini plants and their abundance so I yanked them out of my garden. 
Enough of that.


But wait, one more thing.

My mom sent me this and I love it. Thought I'd share. In some weird way I think it fits.



Okay.
That's enough.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!