Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Love That


Life is about change right?

Nothing ever stays the same, right?

I wanted to share with you the big change that is going on in my life right now. But please, you may want to sit down first, it's big. Change always is.

Ready? Here it is.

I'm pregnant.

Yes, it's totally not true.

I'm not.

But I do need to switch the day I buy groceries. That's big news. I've been buying my groceries on Mondays but that's not going to work for me anymore. I need to change to Thursday.

Changing the day I buy groceries is a major life change for someone like me.  It's almost like being pregnant. Almost.



There it is. My list. My list sideways.

I apologize for being technically challenged but after 20 minutes of trying to turn the darn thing I gave up.

I may not know how to turn a digital picture but I do know how to write a grocery list up for the week - by hand.

I love my list. It sits on my cupboard waiting for me. It tells me what to cook for supper so when I come home from work, tired, and a bit frazzled, I don't have to frantically look around the kitchen wondering what I can whip up. I know. My list tells me and if it's on my list, the groceries I need to put it all together are in my cupboard. Love that. It takes about 20 minutes to a half hour to come up with my menu and my grocery list, but it is a lifesaver.

Do you have a list? Do you love it?

Here is another thing I love.


Once upon a time I was able to go to one of my favorite places in the world and work out with a trainer twice a week.



He whipped me and a couple of friends into shape and it was wonderful.

Like grocery shopping days, workout routines and schedules change. Life is change. Change is life.

Nowadays, I work out more on my own, and Kathy Kaehler's book, "Fit and Sexy for Life" is wonderful. She gives you weekly workouts. Some of the days are cardio workouts which I don't follow as my running fits the bill, but I do need help planning strength workouts. I feel she helps me achieve a total body strength workout. Some of her moves are pretty simple but I tweak here and there to make them more or less difficult depending on the day. It's very helpful.

Another of my favorite things is getting an email from the library to tell me that a book I have placed on hold is waiting for me. Love that.

Here's what is waiting for me right now.


I'm hoping for some time tonight to run to the library to pick it up. It will be under the "J" section in a brown envelope. Waiting. Just for me. 

Love that.

Maybe that's enough love for one day.

Hope your day is filled with love.

Over and out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!