Monday, November 26, 2012

Post Thanksgiving Blues

Last night as I was sitting in our Lazy Boy by the wood stove, soaking up all the warmth of the fire, I was dreading today. I didn't want to go back to work. I didn't want to have to get up before 6am and begin. I wanted to continue the holiday weekend.

I wanted more of this.

Hanging out with the ladies in Aunt Rose's kitchen. 

Farmer Boy's brother Ron (in the middle) holding his grandson, Will on the right, Joe on the left. 

Uncle Neil waiting for dinner to be served.


I can never get too much time with these characters.



Of course, as it is family tradition, we spent the Saturday after Thanksgiving doing this.

Setting up the Nativity. 

Kelli the elf - or Kelf. 

Putting the finishing touches on our tree.

Farmer Boy and I got the biggest kick out of listening and watching the kids this weekend. They laughed, goofed around and seemed to enjoy simply being together. They would pull out different Christmas ornaments and remember where we've always put them, who made it when, and sometimes a story about the making of it. When Farmer Boy and I realized that our help had disappeared, all three would be sprawled on Kelli's bed, talking, laughing and hanging out.  Farmer Boy and I found ourselves alone in the living room at one point and he looked at me with a big smile on his face. 

"Listen to them! They're cracking up. Do you think Lizzy and Will know that their time with Kelli is going to change when she goes off to school next year?"

It could be. 

I didn't have a good answer for him then and I don't have one today. 

All I will say at this point, because whether you know it or not, crying on a Monday afternoon is not allowed, is that the weekend was a blessing and it was over far too quickly.

Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have a great start to Christmas and had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Such a sweet story about your kids - these are precious days and moments indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!