Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday, Workout, Soup and Cake

Hello Wednesday. Hello middle of the week. Hello 20 days left until Christmas.

I went to the gym yesterday morning at 5:15am. I didn't want to get up. When I did get up I sat on the side of my bed contemplating the plan I had made for myself the night before. The plan was to get up, go to the gym and execute the workout I had constructed. That plan sounded so much better at 10 pm,  than it did at 5am. Crawl back under and feel guilty all day or get up? What would you choose?

I got up.

I'm so glad I did. It was an awesome workout, if I do say so myself and I do, and today my glutes are reminding me that they also loved the workout.

Here it is.

Back and Shoulders:
One arm standing dumbbell row
One arm straight armed pullback (this video shows both arms. I did one at a time.)
One arm upright row
One arm rear delt flye.
Do 12-15 reps on each side. Then repeat two or three times. I did three times, holding 10lbs.

Glutes: I stole this section from my Oxygen magazine article. You can see it right here.
Dual dumbbell sumo squat
Lungeback with kickback
Dumbbell single stiff legged deadlift.
Again, 12-15 reps with two or three sets. I did three sets with 10 lb dummbells.

Abs:
Straight arm plank - hold for 45 - 60 seconds.
Oblique crunches - 30 each side.
Walking hand plank - 30 reps.
Russian twist with plate - 30 reps each side. This video shows you how to do it with feet planted. If you want to work a little harder try it with your feet off the floor.

In other news, today is my friend Lynn's birthday. She is officially 29 years old. At least that's what she's been telling me for the last several, okay, maybe more than several years that I've known her.

Here's what I'm fixing her for supper.
Picture of Lentil Sausage Soup Recipe

I hope it's not lame to cook someone soup for their birthday but Farmer Boy found some sausage made by my brother-in-law, hiding in the freezer and I thought it would make excellent lentil sausage soup.

I'm also going to try this cake minus the white chocolate frosting. I found it on my friend Sarah's blog.


Is it lame to use a cake mix for a friend's birthday? Is it doubly lame to sprinkle powdered sugar on top? I don't have any white choclate squares. Lame or not, I'm doing it. She loves me and love covers over a multitude of sins. Right?

So that's a Wednesday. That's the middle of the week. That's what I'm doing with only 20 days left until Christmas.

What are you doing today? Do you have Christmas cards out? I should be doing that but soup and cake just sounded more enjoyable.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!