Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Right Now

The sun shone in bits and pieces today. Every time I caught it shining I wanted to run outside, strip off my clothes and try to soak up as much of it as I could. I work at a church. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been the best idea.

Right now I'm smiling, thinking about the stir I could create if the sun shines tomorrow.

As I type, I'm fully clothed and sitting with my head cranked toward my west facing kitchen window, eyes closed, begging some rays to fall on my face. It's been a while, and I think I'm desperate for some sun. Warm weather would be nice too. It is warmer today with temperatures in the 30's. I don't mean to be ungrateful but I could really do with some 60's or even 70's.

I've been a bit of a mess this winter. One minute happy, one minute sad.  I can't figure it out and honestly I don't want to. Right now I'm chalking it up to cold weather, lack of sun and wacky hormones. Right now I wish I was on a plane to a warm, white sandy beach, with nothing but a good book and a bikini. Right now I'm wondering why I seem to be thinking of myself with little or no clothes on.

Right now I wish I had well behaved and orderly straight hair without gray strands, instead of unusually curly hair that does it's own funky dance, complete with gray streamers flying high.

Right now I wish I was independently wealthy and didn't have to work or worry about how much it costs to cover up my gray. Right now I know I'm dreaming.

Right now I have this cooking in the oven for supper.



Right now I'm listening to this while I type.


Right now I have two books on my night stand waiting for me to come to bed and read.




Right now, because I'm tired of my hair, I braided it into two braids. I look like the Mennonite girl I truly am. Right now I'm wondering if I could pull off dreadlocks.

Right now I'm thinking about working out tonight since I didn't this morning. Should I go to the gym after supper or should I just watch this?


Right now I'm pretty sure the couch will win out over the treadmill.

Right now I'm also convinced I want to be a super spy girl when I grow up.

Right now I'm experiencing phantom appendix pain. Is that normal? Anyone?

Right now my eyes are burning from cutting up onions.

Right now the setting sun is painting the few patches of clouds in the sky a vibrant orange and purple, reminding me of beauty, at the close of a ho hum day.

Right now I'm wondering if God knows anything about ho hum.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!