Monday, April 1, 2013

Food on the Brain

I've got food on the brain.

Last night, as I was mentally preparing for Monday, I plotted my morning. Part of my plan was actually baking muffins for the kid's breakfast.

There not really muffins. They're pancakes. Pancake muffins. I think officially they're puffins.

The kids said they were good.

Here's the link.

This is what ours looked like.



The recipe says to make mini muffins but I made ours regular size. My batch made eleven muffins


Out of eleven this is what I had left over. I didn't eat any. The kids loved them. They were quick and easy. I suppose you could use whole wheat flour and some flax seed to make them more nutritious.


I also added these to breakfast this morning to give the kids some protein. They were our breakfast hor douvres.  I cup up a banana, topped them with Super Chunk peanut butter and a chocolate chip.



Voila. Will and Elizabeth popped them in and chewed them down. Kelli is not a peanut butter kind of girl so she scowled at them in disgust.

Lunchtime.

I've been overdoing it lately on potato chips which I do believe are a perfect food, however, too many potato chips make me feel yucky and unlovable.

Today I had a Green Monster Spinach Smoothie.

It was very good. The link above will take you to the proper recipe. I was feeling wild and unruly today so I added 1/4 cup of oats,1/2 of a kiwi, and about 7 ice cubes to the mix. Yum.

I'm hoping some greens will make me more pleasant and lovely. Stay tuned.

Dinnertime.

Tonight is the only night that we have no extra-curricular activities and therefore, I decided on a non-crock-pot meal. The rest of the week is for my crock pot.

Tonight is the night for Baked Ziti.


Mine will not look this put together or neat but it will taste really good.

I came across this recipe and the kids love it.

There you go. My day in food.

Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!