Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weird

I woke up this morning singing a song from "Little Mermaid."

I want to be where the people are.
I want to see, want to see them dancing.
Walking around on those - what do you call 'em?
Oh yeah - feet!

After I sang through that several hundred times I decided to mow the lawn. Mowing the lawn takes me about two hours. We live on an acre.

Mowing makes me paranoid. Farmer Boy says I"m supposed to think of long lines. He likes long mower lines. He also tells me not to shoot the grass to the middle - I need to shoot the grass out.

That's a lot for me to remember. Long lines. Shoot grass out. Pressure.

So I cracked. I started singing a country song. Where did I hear this song? Where did it come from?

Turn, turn, turn, turning me on.
Like a slow fire burn
I know it's wrong
Still I run, run, run, right into you.

The other day I woke up singing,
Play that funky music white boy.
Play that funky music white boy.
Lay down and boogie, play that funky music.

Is this a middle aged woman thing? At I hormonal? Where is this weird coming from?

I wanted to take a picture for you of the long lines I made while mowing. When I reached for my camera the message said, "Battery exhausted."

I get that.

Then I thought I would finish mowing but I got the lawn mower stuck in the swings. It's a long story. Just know that the mower belt came off after the entire mower was suspended in air for a brief period of time.

There is not a long mower line by the swings.

Will just came in from outside. He was on the trampoline. There was a sprinkler involved. It got slippery. He fell. We're heading out to the chiropractor.

Am I making any sense?

I know. It is all very weird.

Weird songs. Weird mowing. Weird events. Just plain weird.

Heading out.

Have a weird Wednesday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!