Friday, June 21, 2013

What I Know For Sure

Things I Know For Sure
by Kris Johnston







1. Elizabeth is a beautiful girl and watching her play softball, pitching, with her ponytail in the wind, is a beautiful thing. 



Kelli will not be pleased with this picture but it brings out something I know for sure.

2. We are feeling the financial effects of Farmer Boy taking a new job last year. He took a pay cut. Pay cuts are not fun and money, when there isn't enough of it, is a pain in the butt.  Farmer Boy wanted to be home more and to be free of pressure and stress that didn't suit his personality or his gifts. Having Farmer Boy home more so he can be with us and fix our lawnmower, is a beautiful thing.





3. Yoga is a good thing.

Yesterday I went to the gym and performed a lower body workout brought to me by one of my favorite things - Oxygen magazine. It was fabulous. I had fun. I am so stiff today that I am having trouble walking. So this morning, I got up, pulled out my pink yoga mat and headed outside to my Friday morning. It's cloudy. My potted flowers are just starting to really take off. Farmer Boy's truck is green. Farmer Boy's new company is paying for us to go to our local amusement park. They pay our way in and they pay our lunch. Pretty good deal.

Anyway, back to yoga. Yoga feels good. It makes you slow down and take a deep breath. It stretches your muscles and builds strength using nothing more than your own body. It's lovely.

There are things about yoga that I don't agree with. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my strength does not come from within me. I've seen inside me and it's not pretty. My strength comes from above and the more I realize I'm dependent on Him, the more complete I am. 

4. The preceding words are the only sermon I've prepared for today.

5. This is a good book to have if you are interested in doing yoga on your sidewalk on a Friday morning when the sky is cloudy and your Farmer Boy's truck is green.


There are pictures and explanations of yoga moves and Tara Stiles puts together, with pictures, routines for you to do. There are routines for strength, flexibility, headaches, upper body toning, ab toning, lower body toning, vertigo, jet lag, and on and on.  I love, love, love it!

I love that I can find a routine, take my mat outside, or upstairs in my room, or downstairs, or in the barn and do yoga. Each routine is supposed to take about 15 minutes and I've found that to be accurate. Sometimes I do two. Sometimes I don't quite make it through one. 

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked.

I should get back to what I know for sure.

6. Farmer Boy is ready to go. I need to shower. There are water slides waiting for me.

Have a fabulous Friday.

The End.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!