Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Findings

Good Morning.

Are you glad it's Friday? How was your week? Tired?

I wanted to share some quick recipes I stumbled upon. I needed some quick meals this week and these were hits. Check them out. See if they would work for you and your clan.

Beef and Bean Burritos by Pioneer Woman.

















Not sure if Canadians would appreciate this one. We didn't eat much Mexican type food growing up. Do you eat more of it now? My American husband and children loved this. Mine didn't look as pretty as these but almost. I did have cilantro which I put on top of mine. I also stuffed mine with only beans, cilantro, olives and tomatoes. Yummy. They took about 20 minutes from start to finish.

Bow-Tie 'Lasagna' from Tasty Kitchen.
Mine actually didn't look anything like this but it tasted very good. I didn't have bow-ties so I used penne pasta instead. I didn't have sour cream so I used cottage cheese. I did make a Caesar salad to go along with it so we did have green on our plates.

This was a hit with Farmer Boy and the kids. There was enough leftover for Farmer Boy's lunch and Lizzy's lunch. This probably took me about a half hour to put together because I didn't have any hamburger thawed out.

If I would have had some spinach and mushrooms I think I would have made this vegetarian but since I didn't, we did the meat version which Farmer Boy likes better anyway.

Okay, now that we've eaten, let's talk about exercise.

I stumbled upon this site this week.


Nerd Fitness. The name appealed to me.

I was looking for a workout to do without weights. A workout that would only involve my own body weight. I found two, printed them off, used them yesterday, am feeling it today and thought you might be interested.

Beginner Body Weight Workout.
Advanced Body Weight Workout.

I did these at the gym but what I liked about them was you wouldn't have to. Check it out, see what you think.

Exercise is such a privilege. Health such a gift. Take care of it.

My time ticks away but before I go, I think it appropriate to give thanks.

Sleepy eyes and Will's head to heavy to hold up on his own. He needed to rest it on his hand while eating breakfast.

The sound of Lizzy singing as she got ready for school.

Texting and emailing Kelli yesterday. I miss her but am thankful that she loves where she is.

Farmer Boy carving up pumpkins, buying candles and taking care of details I didn't have the energy for.

The strength to get out of bed even though I did not want to, green tea and peanut butter toast, and some quiet time to energize myself before this day marches on.

What are you thankful for today?

Have a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!