Friday, April 11, 2014

Just checking


Hello.

I apologize if I appear a little frightening. I don't mean to. I wanted to see what I look like.

I was driving to the gym this morning and for a reason I can no longer remember, I started thinking about middle age.

Sometime I catch a glimpse of myself and think, "Who the heck is that? I don't feel like I look that old. The light must be bad."

So I decided to take a picture of myself, something I don't usually do, just to see if it's true, to see if I really look that old.

Apparently I do.

Several years ago I needed to run to the grocery store. I ran in, grabbed what I needed and was heading to the check out. I noticed a group of young college guys looking at me. Even though this was several years ago I was still surprised. I have never been that girl.

To my further amazement, they walked my way and said, "Excuse us."

I was thinking, "What is going on here?"

Then they said......

"Ma'am, could you tell us what we need to make scotcheroos?"

Ma'am?! Of course I could. Of course I did. Of course. Ma'am? I'm not a ma'am.

Middle age. It's for real.

That's all I have to say.

Over and out.




4 comments:

  1. Aw Kris - you are too funny!! You are such a beautiful person outside and inside!!!! Now I must check out to see what Scotcheroos are in case I ever get asked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like this last night!!!! And every time I talk to students... it's surreal and I think I don't like it one bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What! Not you. You are too young and beautiful. They ARE trying to pick you up.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Rosella. Scotcheroos must be a name for around here. I think we would call them chocolate covered cheerio squares at home.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!