Wednesday, April 16, 2014

That Darn Clock

I really should stay in bed today. I woke up tight, wound up, tense. Grumpy.

I lay in bed stealing furtive glances at the clock.

Please stop. Just for today. Please stop moving. I don't want to face the world today.

It didn't stop so I got up, made eggs for Will and myself, brewed a cup of "Morning Thunder" tea that my friend Caroline gave me as a gift about a year ago and that has now become one of my favorite morning things. I emptied the dishwasher. I checked emails, talked to the kids about the day and saw them off.

Now I'm here watching and listening to the cars rush off to wherever they are rushing off to. Trying to figure out if I should wash my hair or not (I'm thinking not) and trying to get up the gumption to take on a day.

Here's one quick thought and then I really need to go.

What if all the demands, responsibilities, friends, loved ones, involvements, interests etc., in your life were like clothing and you could strip them away layer by layer? Would you be happy with where and who you were when all the layers were stripped away? If you saw them all laying there in a heap would you chose to put them all back on again or would you leave some of them lying there?

These are the type of questions that come to mind when I"m having a day like today.

I really should stay in bed.

Hope your day is a good one.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!