Friday, February 27, 2015

For Lynn and Cara

Last week Cara and I were out and about together. She needed a Kleenex.
She reached into her vast purse, with it's vast array of options, and came up empty-handed.
I reached into my fabulous purse that I got from my mother-in-law and guess what? I had the Kleenex.

That just made me feel good.

Okay. Cara and Lynn. I'm thinking you're not using my recipes or my work-outs. I saw you both this past weekend and I know you are both busy, but please, do this. It will make you feel good.

So I'm not giving up. I know you want this. I know you need this. I know you will do this. I know you love me even if I start to resemble or sound like an annoying fly that you can not squash and kill.

So. Let's keep going shall we?

The recipe for this week is easy, delicious and a favorite with my kiddos.



The recipe and photo come courtesy of the Food Network.

If you have the chicken breast defrosted it won't take you long at all to get this together. I usually slice the chicken in half, thickness wise, and sometimes I even tenderize it just to make it a bit thinner and therefore cook a bit quicker.

My kids love this with mashed potatoes and frozen mixed veggies.

It's an easy supper.

Okay, now a workout.

Lynn, I know you are trying to run more. Cara, I'm not sure where you are at with running. If you are up for this, pull out the Depends, hop on the treadmill and get it done. If you want to walk it, simply adjust the speed, but maintain the interval pattern. 

This is a treadmill workout that will take you 15 minutes.

Here we go.

Treadmill workout. (Courtesy of Oxygen Magazine)

Minutes              Speed Setting on the Treadmill
   0-3                                        3-5
   3-4                                        6.0
   4-5                                        7.0 
   5-7                                        5.5
   7-8                                        7.0
   8-9                                        8.0
   9-11                                      6.0
  11-12                                     8.0
  12-13                                     8.0
  13-15                                     2.0

You rock baby! Now get off the treadmill and find a place where you can move.

Inchworm Push-Ups. (5-10 reps)



These feel fabulous. After you inch your way down, do one push up and then inch your way back up. Do 5-10 reps.

Air Squats. (25 reps.)

Simple but good. Weight is on your heels. Stick your fanny out behind you. Do 25 reps with both legs or do 10 reps with both legs on the ground, then do 10 where you go down with two legs, and when you come up lift one leg for 10 reps and then switch to the other leg. It's like a high-knee march.

Ham/Glute Bridge Lifts. (25 reps)

Again you can do 25 straight lifts or do 15 with both legs on the floor, 15 with right leg extended and lifted, 15 with left leg extended and lifted. Contract your glutes and the top of the move. Keep your core tight.

Finally, Leg Raises.(10-15 reps)

You will love these. You can put your hands under your bottom for more support. You can also lift your head and shoulders like the picture above, or rest your head and shoulders on the mat. Try and do 10-15 repetitions. 

Go through the whole routine and then repeat two more times. Three times through total.

If you're feeling extra sassy, get back on the treadmill and do that whole routine one more time.

Got it?

Enjoy.

Probably see you this weekend. I'll bring the Kleenex.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!