Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Glamorous

Today was cloudy, dreary and foggy. The leaves are just beginning to burst through with green, but today they were stark-naked, cold, and forlorn-looking, wrapped in a grey haze.




Sunny days are simply more glamorous, don't you think?

Everything seems more shiny, more alive, more vibrant.

Days like today are more humble and homey. Days like today are cups of tea, pajama pants, naps on the couch, staying home and snuggling in.


I guess if you are a chicken, days like today are about exploring, finding new places to scratch for bugs, and flaunting your feathered backside to the crazy lady in her purple bathrobe who is waving her hands at you, hollering to get out of the neighbor's yard.


Will  told me this morning at breakfast that it's hard to dress for days like today.

He wants to be warm in the morning when it's 30 degrees but not hot in the afternoon when it's closer to 60 degrees (although today it didn't get close to that).

His way of dealing with the 'how-to-dress' dilemma besides eating a peanut butter bagel and green juice, is to wear his favorite hoodie. Today. Everyday. All the time.

After supper Will went out to collect the eggs from our travel-weary fowl. He slammed the door on his way back into the house, bounded up the steps and announced, "I've been hit!"

Bombed by a chicken.

Pooped on.

Poop on the hoodie.

Could that be the beginning of a some kind of jingle?

Poop on the hoodie, here we go. Poop on the hoodie do-si-do?

Okay, probably not.

Darn chickens.

And there we have it.  A glamorous ending to a glamorous day.




But wait.

Before I go I thought I'd share with you a video I took accidentally while chasing chickens out of my neighbor's yard.

I don't love chickens.

I apologize in advance for making you dizzy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!