Monday, April 13, 2015

Pigs, Prom and Baseball!

No time to chat, we have pictures to look at.

We had a awesome weekend.


Here we go.


First, a barn to clean out and re-arrange. Farmer Boy made it clear to Elizabeth that she would be his main source of help for this project. She didn't mind but she did cover up her hair with a fancy 'kerchief so it would be protected from the stink of the barn. She had plans for her hair.



Will got out of the barn chores. He had other things planned.

It was his first baseball game of the season. It was a double header, and they walked away with one win and one loss.


I know this is tough to see. I was taking the pictures through the chain-link fence. Look real close at Will's face. He is running home.

I think he was having a great time.

Before the game I asked him if he was ready for a double header.

"Mom, it's a day for baseball. I could play all day."

By the look on his face, I think he could have.

Meanwhile, back on the farm, Elizabeth had finished her barn chores, went to a friend's house for hair help and another friend's house for make-up.




She was ready for prom.

My beautiful, fiesty, pig-pen-cleaning, girlie.

She got picked up here at the house (which I missed, but that's a long boring story) and went out for dinner at a local restaurant. Then a group of her friends met at a park for pictures.

I was all over it.


Beauties. Every one of them.


I love that they held hands. Friends are a precious thing.


Time to have a little fun.





Friends are precious. I may have said that before but it's best to say it again and to always hold on to them tightly. 



 After a few pictures with her date, who is a fine young man to be sure, it was off to the Grand March at the high school.




For all you Canadians out there, the Grand March is a chance for the parents and community to get a glimpse of the prom-goers and their dates. It was held in the high school auditorium and as each couple comes out, they are announced. They pause for pictures and then walk slowly to their seats on the stage while people in the audience say things like: "Ooo, that's a pretty dress," or "Who's that?" and "There they are!"

From the Grand March it was off to the hotel for the dance. No parents allowed.


Fun photo opportunities with friends - completely accepted.

From the dance the kids went back to the high school for the 'after prom'. Farmer Boy and I were there to help. We set out pizza that was quickly devoured. We cut up sub sandwiches, that also disappeared quite quickly. We set out cookies, and bars, and fruit and ice cream. 

Gone.

It was gone.

The kids had a blast.

Farmer Boy and I stayed up until 3 a.m. and we'd do it again.

Very fun.

Now I need to go take a nap.

Have a fabulous Monday.

Squeeze a friend if you have the chance.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post so much!!!!

    I loved Elizabeth's dress so much too!!! Just the right amount of sexiness but yet covered up! Good choice Mom and Elizabeth!!!! The color was radiant on her, please tell her I think she is BEAUTIFUL inside and out!!! And yes, friends are special, squeeze them and family members often, and find time for them!!!! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!