Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Just a few words

I'm moving slowly through my morning. I'm shuffling through the kitchen, cup of tea in hand, wearing Farmer Boy's pajama pants that are John Deere green. There was oatmeal for breakfast. There are dishes congregating in my kitchen sink that can wait to be washed. There are two empty beds in the house as Kelli and Will are gone. There are sheets that need washed and there is my office job to get to.  Thunder is rumbling outside, hidden somewhere behind the thick blanket of rain clouds that are hiding the light of this new day. A perfect day to read and to let the words of other's swirl around like seeds looking for a place to settle and grow.

Words from Anne Lamott, Sarah Young, and the apostles Paul and John are swirling through my mind as I sit at the table, inhaling the steam of my tea, and the hopefulness of my quiet, precious, slow morning.

 "She realized how loved she was and therefore safe." - Anne

"Let trust and thankfulness stand guard, turning back fear before it can gain a foothold." - Sarah

"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with you." - Paul

"Perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." - John

That's all I've got really.

I wanted to share these words with you in hopes that your day will be filled with love, trust, thankfulness and trust.

Here's to precious, cloudy, slow-moving, mornings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!