Saturday, October 3, 2015

It's Homecoming weekend.

There was a parade and a lip sync performance on Thursday night, a football game last night and a dance tonight. There is a hair appointment and a brand new tie to tie. There is a beautiful dress hanging in a closet,  a brand new pair of dress pants, a new dress shirt, and a shiny pair of black shoes, all waiting to be worn at the dance tonight.

There are dinner, driving and picture-taking details to worry about.

I should be taking care and fretting about all of these things.

It is what motherhood is all about for me these days. I don't change diapers, give baths, or pick-up toys. I arrange details, drive sometimes, and take as many pictures as I can.

 


 








Well I have been taking as many pictures as I can this weekend.

I'm just not at home for Homecoming.

I'm with my sisters. We are visiting my aunt in Southern California.

Being a sister is such a blast. In fact, this weekend it trumped motherhood and don't tell anyone, but I'm kinda glad it did.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!