Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tuesday Tuesday

Hello Tuesday.

You seem to get lost in the list of days. There is nothing special about you. You're not the middle, not the end, not the beginning, you're just Tuesday. Perhaps that is why I love you.

Tuesday here in my neck of the woods has dawned cloudy, chilly, windy, and puddle-laden. We got three and a half inches of rain on Sunday.

Yes, I said rain.

There are miniature lakes everywhere. Some schools were closed. Some roads are closed. All because of rain. Here. In December.

Very strange indeed.

Puddles or no puddles, strange or not, Tuesday arrives in it's comfortable, non-flashy way, bearing ordinary blessings just to remind us that all is grace, every day is a gift, and that miracles often wait in the mundane.

So in honor of Tuesday and of ordinary, everyday miracles, let's talk egg sandwich.

It's been my thing lately. Some days I eat it for breakfast, some days for lunch, but I seem to eat it everyday.

It's quick. It's easy. It's ordinary.

Did I mention it's Tuesday?




First you need an english muffin.



Next an egg and a frying pan. I fry my eggs in coconut oil but you know, whatever works.


I sprinkle the egg with salt, pepper and a bit of chili powder just for some kick.


Then I break the yolk and spread it around a bit with my spatula because I love to spread the love.


After my English muffin pops out of the toaster I take about a quarter of an avocado and smash it onto my muffin.


Next comes my finished fried egg.


I can't forget a spinach leaf and some dollops of ketchup.


Of course there must always be tea. This is my latest favorite.


That's it my friends. That's my Tuesday blessing.  An egg sandwich and tea, with a dollop of cream.


Miraculous?

Maybe.

Ordinary?

Definitely.

A blessing?

No doubt. All food that is provided for us is a blessing don't you think?

I know it's not flashy, sexy, or pulse-racing but it is delicious and I think you should make it.

Soon.

Maybe next Tuesday?

Rock the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!