Friday, August 5, 2016

When Friday Shows Up




Friday.

Thanks so much for coming. I needed you to stop by.

This week has been noise and movement and no time to think.

August always seems to show up carrying a messy bag overflowing with all of the above. Why? Why does August feel like the world just woke up from a delightful summer slumber, shook off the drowsy, got out of bed, gulped down a huge mug of extra-caffeinated coffee and took off?

Like a jet-fuel powered shot.

Anyone else besides me want to stay with the summer slumber?

But today is Friday and it showed up at my door dressed up in all it's glory, singing me a love song. A quiet, slow, soothing, full of promise, Friday love-gram.



I've decided that I'm going to move slow through this day. I'm setting aside all the lists.

No lists. Not today.

Lists have a habit of slithering their way into my thoughts, telling my soul that unless I check everything off I'm less than everyone else standing on top of their mountain of accomplishment that seemed so effortless to climb.

Let them climb.

I don't feel like climbing today.

Today things will get done but I'm going to breathe deep as I go and take in as much as I can.

Why not?

It's Friday and it showed up singing a love song.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!