Thursday, June 16, 2016

Snippets

I journal almost every day. I like to go back and re-read things. It helps me remember where I've been and gives me the chance to touch things I'm not quite ready to completely let go.

What follows is something I wrote on May 11 when Lizzy's senior year of high school was winding down. I thought I'd share it.

It's short and sweet.
______________________________

"Bye Mom."

Her words are echoing through my mind.

Lizzy with her curls piled on top of her head, waiting in the car for Will who had to run back into the house to grab the lunch that he forgot.

Lunch retrieved he bounded back into the car and off they went down the driveway.
Lunch.
Curls.

The new-found classical music station they think is cool floating out the window that was slowly closing as she made her way.

"Bye Mom."








3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this Kris! What a beauty Lizzy is - she looks like you! Thanks for the snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, indeed. With a bright future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, indeed. With a bright future!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!