Sunday, March 7, 2021

When Its Windy


 

The wind is whistling through the windows and it's mournful cry touches my heart. It sounds like it is struggling to be free, that an immovable barrier is blocking it's path and try as it might, it can not push through.

Hmm.

Is it ridiculous to think I completely understand?

Freedom. 

"Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." (Philippians 4:5).

Those words sound like the wind.

Be yourself. Be brave to show the world the most vulnerable you, the real you, your gentleness. The Lord is near and he will keep you safe. Don't worry about getting hurt or getting lost. Be thankful for where you are, who you are, what you have, how far you have come. 

Trust it. Trust him. 

Let the peace of God's presence, his nearness, roll over you, comfort you, and steady you when all the ugliness of the world is thrown at you.

He has not left you. He is still here. Amidst the struggles, the disappointments, the heartaches and the hurts that punch you in the gut and steal your breath, he has never left. 

The Lord is still near.

Don't be afraid anymore. The real you is safe because God is near.

Blow through wind. Blow through my barriers. Blow away my fear. 

Bring renewal and refresh me.

Blow away the fear, the hurt, the disappointment so I can stand before you as I truly am. Who you made me to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!