Thursday, March 18, 2021

When It's Thursday


I'm feeling teary this morning, a little overwhelmed, and honestly I have no idea why. 

The night played with me and my sleep was fitful. The week has marched through me and for whatever reason I feel beat up by all the words, the noise, and everything that has made up this week.

I hear the first birds of the morning singing their songs.

I want to be alone and listen to the wind.

I find the words,  "No one can get you here," running through my mind as if I'm being chased or hunted. Where does that come from?

The word Sabbath and the thought of Sabbatical keep floating through my mind. I think I could get behind these two things.

And that's allI have for a Thursday.

As badly as I want my day to be filled with bird song and the sound of the wind, it will not be. From what I know right now I am headed into responsibility, obligations, commitment and people.

That isThursday.

Lord, is there some type of Sabbath here? Can I take a sort of Sabbatical in the midst of my Thursday?

Is that a selfish ask?

If it is not selfish is it even possible?

Lord be my guide today, my strength.

I feel a deep weariness inside and I want to tend to it somehow but I don't know how and I'm not even sure if I should, like maybe I'm just making this all up and I need to get over myself and get it done.

Please lead.

Please speak.

Please guide.

Please be Lord of my Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!