Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Wednesday

 And here we are. Wednesday.

The snow has disappeared from the grass and the trees but the wind persists. Cloudy skies, temperatures hovering around 50 degrees. I've decided that Spring is much like a 52 year old woman. She wants to stay tucked in bed and not be bothered with people, noise, deadlines, tasks, and all the other things.

As much as I long for a day with no wind, some sunshine, and temperatures heading towards 60 degrees, if Spring is like a 52 year old woman, I think I kinda get it. I'm tired too Ms. Spring. Everything and everyone feels just a bit too much. I totally get it.

But it is Wednesday. Bothered or not the week rolls on. Tired or not I will have to be around people, perform tasks, be pleasant and kind and somehow manage to stay upright. There you have it - a goal for the day - stay upright. No laying under my desk to take a nap or laying my head down on my desk for just a quick minute and ending up in a puddle of drool. Upright. I must stay upright.

"But seek first his kingdom and all these things will be given to you as well."

Words of Jesus. Seek his kingdom. In all the crazy, the confusion, the what should I wear, what should I eat, what should I say, how should I act, what am I actually doing moments, seek his kingdom.

His kingdom. The place where blessing was born (see Genesis 1:28, 12:2-3) and was meant to go out. His kingdom where the first are last and the last first. His kingdom where the poor in spirit, those mourning, the meek, those hungry for righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart, the peacemakers, the persecuted, the insulted are all blessed. An upside down kingdom, but blessed, blessed, blessed.

His kingdom is the birthplace of blessing. Seek. His. Kingdom.

I'm changing my Wednesday goal. Instead of stay upright, I think I'll try: seek his kingdom.

And that's all I've got on a Wednesday.




1 comment:

  1. Another devotion for your book...
    Everyday devotions
    by Kris Johnston

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!