Monday, December 13, 2010

What's For Supper

I'm still figuring this whole blog thing out.  I thought I could post what we're having for supper on my What's for Supper page and have it be something I added to every day.  I don't think I can do that.  I'm thinking there is a way I can but I don't know what it is right now.  My day is almost done. I'm tired but I took all these darn pictures of what we ate for supper tonight so I'm going to post them.

On the menu was Beef Tips and Noodles.

I started with a Top Of Iowa Sirloin.  I cut it into pieces so it looked like this.

Next it was time to brown them in some delicious and all natural butter.

While the meat was frying and filling the house with a wonderful aroma, I sprinkled the pieces of meat with salt and pepper. Next it was time to prepare the sauce.  I needed some of this.

I used a can of cream of celery soup because Farmer Boy thinks his throat will swell shut if he comes close to a mushroom.  I think cream of mushroom would have been better.  I added to that a half of packet of onion soup mix (the no MSG variety), and about a half a cup of wine.  I stirred that all together and poured it over the meat which was now settling into my crockpot.  On top of that whole mixture I threw some onion rings (about half an onion).

I really have no idea how to turn that picture.  Turn your head, you'll get the idea.  I have so many things to learn but I don't feel like beginning tonight.  Anyway, I set the crock on low, headed off to work, ran some errands, came home and the house was filled with a wonderful smell.  It was like mom was here cooking all day.  I love walking into a house filled with the smell of food.  
As supper approached I prepared the noodles.  I used these because they are excellent.

Kalona is a town here in Iowa where people of my kind live.  You don't have to be Amish to buy them but I think they taste better if you actually are Amish. It's like they belong to me somehow.  

Supper time was drawing near.  I made a salad.


I made some vegetables as well but I forgot to take a picture.  It was just frozen peas and corn.  I also made a pie because I felt like it. 

Can you tell it's apple?  It is.  It was good.  I didn't save you any. 
One more picture.

Supper time.  The kids loved it.  Farmer Boy of course loved it because it involved red meat.  I loved it. Now if I could just figure out how to post this how I want to, I could go to bed happy.  I going anyway.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!