Monday, February 20, 2012

Mornings

Mornings around here are hectic.  Well, maybe that is not quite true.  I get up about 5:30 a.m.  First thing I do is grab a big cup of water and sit down with my journal and my Bible.  Quiet and stillness snuggle in beside me and we sit comfortably together writing and reading.

I usually hear the first alarm around 6:30 a.m. They get up within five minutes of each other. There are chores to do, hair to tend to, breakfast to eat, and a bus to catch.

Here are some signs of morning here at 5jfarms.


My living room window faces east.  I can sit on my couch, write in my journal, read my Bible and watch the sun make it's glorious appearance first thing in the morning.



Will is usually the first one downstairs.  Look at his hair.  He doesn't have to do anything to it.  He also doesn't care if his clothes look right or for that matter if they match.  He simply gets up, slips his clothes on, stumbles downstairs and cuddles on the couch until everyone else is up. I love cuddling with him.  He is warmth and morning sweetness.


Farmer Boy usually leaves the kids a note. He leaves about 6:00 a.m. and doesn't have a chance to see them before he heads out for the day.  Today was Will's birthday (more on that later), so he got a special note.


 
Farmer Boy has bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning.  When it's all said and done there are always three skillets to wash before I begin my day.  I'm not sure how it happens but everyday it's three. Breakfast this morning was french toast with real Canadian maple syrup and of course, bacon.


I love my Keurig coffee maker.  I don't love coffee but I love tea. I fill my cup several times every morning.  Warm, soothing, delicious tea somehow makes a new day less demanding.


"Kelli, are you ready?"  Will is the first one, Kelli is always the last.  You know, hair, make-up, fashion dilemas, it's a lot for one girl to do in a morning.  She always gets it done, and never is late for school.  "Chill, mom, I'm coming." I'm chill.  I'm cool.  I never lose it when it's 7:20 and her door is still closed even though the bus arrives at 7:25.  Never.  I'm totally chill.


I walk them to the bus every morning.  I love kissing them one more time before they leave for the day.  I come back into the house, grab that one more cup of tea and then something catches my eye.  The sun through my east window is fully awake. It has finished painting the sky with pinks, purples and reds. Now it peeks through my front door and draws golden pictures on my wall.  I always want to watch what it will do next. I want to ooh and ahh over it's imagination and creativity but time doesn't stop even when I beg it to.

The morning marches on and I must tend to the day.

I wonder if David stopped himself in the morning to watch the sun dance across an east facing wall?

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."
      -Psalm 143:8

I guess I'll never know for sure but I bet he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!