Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Random Blessings

The weather is beautiful again here today.  The temperature is about 40 degrees.  The sun is shining, the sky is blue.  Of course the sun called to me this morning and said, "come my dear one, come and run."

It was glorious.  Holly kept looking back at me while we were running as if to say, "Isn't this awesome?"
I had to agree with her.  It was awesome.

As I ran, random thoughts popped up into my head. Perhaps if I was a psychologist I would understand how they are related but I'm not, so I don't.

Of course I have to share my randomness with you. What kind of blogger would I be if I kept it all to myself?


Friends are such a blessing.  I was thinking I need to have these ladies over for supper again soon.  We got together two weeks ago and had a Mexican potluck at my house.  We laughed. We ate way to much. We were together, we were free from the ticking of the clock that usually dictates our every move, and we were wonderful.



I was wondering what Farmer Boy was up to and how his day was going. This is his new work pick-up. He is very particular about it, and won't drive it unless it's work related.  Those are the rules. He e-mailed me at work today and the subject heading was, "I can't believe I'm getting paid for this."  He was out in the field, driving through the country in his pick-up on this beautiful day. If your name was Farmer Boy, what else besides pick-up trucks, wide open fields, and pig manure, would you need?



Although this looks like a wild demon creature, it's just Holly. Sweet Holly who glances at me when we run and seems to smile in pure enjoyment of running.  She loves it as much as I do. How is it that one dog can be so loyal, so charming, so cute and so stupid?  One minute I can be petting her, the next I'm hollering at her for chasing a runner down the road, or barking at nothing in particular, or trying to come into the mudroom and track in who knows what onto my clean floor. I was cleaning up my mud room floor when this picture was taken and she was determined to come in, leave her little doggie prints behind, and then make it to the family room where she could crash by the fire. I hollered, she ignored. Someone really needs to train her.


She made it in.  What a nut!

Sunshine and 40 degrees on a Wednesday in February is a blessing.  Friends are a blessing. Farmer Boy's new job is a blessing.  Holly, well, sometimes Holly can be a blessing.

I think I should run every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!