Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday

Whew!

Monday.

Laundry - one load left. Supper is simmering - bean and corn tacos with rice. I made quacamole too and I'm snacking on it. It's good.

The boys are at baseball. Kelli just got back from a run. Elizabeth stayed home all day today because her throat is very sore. My hair is fuzzy. The sun came out today. It's been foggy, grey, rainy,dreary and fuzzy since Friday. Bad hair days, very bad hair days.

I ran this morning and it was glorious. The sky had not cleared yet at that point in the day, the fog of the morning covered my glasses but I ran. It felt so good. I felt alive and free.



This is Elizabeth running. I don't look like her when I run. She has a bigger, younger kick than I do. I love watching her run. I love seeing her curls fly out behind her. I love when she passes boys and beats them to the finish line. She is an incredible runner. Her track season is almost over. It's been fabulous for her and for Farmer Boy and I. We love watching her.



This is Kelli at prom three weeks ago. She looked beautiful. She drove herself around that night in pouring rain. I sat on the couch looking out the window wondering if she was OK. She didn't call. She didn't text. She had a blast. She didn't need her mother. Next year she will be a senior. Let's not talk about that right now.

Will's been busy.

First there was a camp out on Saturday night. It was a event for fathers and their kids. The girls had plans but Will was ready. Ready for chili around a camp fire, a mummy bag, and an after dark soccer game with flashlights involved.




Sunday morning when he got home, defrosted, napped and washed the smell of campfire and chili beans off of him, it was time to teach Grandma how to bowl on the Wii. My mom and dad were with us this weekend. It was a blessing to have them here even if the weather was sad and miserable.





 Mom got it figured out and impressed Will  in the process.

But wait, he's not finished yet. He's also been playing baseball. He pitches, plays outfield and sometimes shortstop. How can you not love watching your son in baseball pants and eye black.





We're almost there, almost through our Monday blogging adventure. It's Monday, you just have to take one thing at a time until you get through it all.



Ready? This is it. I'm saying goodbye with a game of crokinole. It's what we did last night with my mom and dad, their last night with us for a while.

Don't know what crokinole is? Well it's kind of like pool but on a smaller scale. I think you have to have Amish/Mennonite blood running through your veins to play it. My dad is the champ. You could challenge him but he will beat you every time. He is good at getting dookies. Don't know what that is? You'll have to play him to find out.

Thanks for doing Monday with me.

One thing at a time. Slow and steady wins the race. Just another manic Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!