Monday, June 25, 2012

Signs of Summer

I missed the summer solstice. We don't do anything to celebrate but usually I look at the calendar and tell myself that it has begun.

Today as I was scurrying around, getting things done, I didn't need the calendar to tell me that summer is here.


A late afternoon nap. Totally and completely pooped from an afternoon at the pool.



Towels and suits flopped on the line.



Flowers beyond the point of the "just planted" look.


 Rows of corn beginning their march to harvest.




Chickens out and about, strutting their stuff in the sunshine.

My garden is starting to go crazy. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have enough zucchini to feed the Midwest.



Can you see that bunch of green close to the tomato stake. It's basil. This is the first time I've ever planted it. Why? Why did I wait so long? I love it. I'm trying to think of every recipe I know that has basil in it just so I can run out, snip some off and inhale. Yum. So glorious!!!!




The chicken in the following photo is not dead. As I was walking back from the garden I saw it lying there. I think it was soaking up some rays!


It's here. It's really here. Come sweet summer and sing us your song, dazzle us with your sights and thrill us with your fragrance.

Summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!