Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Catching Up

Wow!

Summer goes by too quickly. I blinked and July is almost over.

I thought I'd post some pictures to catch you all up with what's been going on around here.

My sweet, fiesty girl had a big birthday this month. She can now drive wherever she wants and she's loving it. She's free!

On the day of her birthday we had some of our best friends surprise her with a visit. We hung out, we went shopping and then we ate at the Cheesecake Factory.

Blissful.

The week after her birthday, as part of her belated present, I took Lizzy and some friends up to a lake where we stayed in a hotel, ate at restaurants with patios overlooking the water and of course swam.

She had  a blast.
















She takes my breath away. I could watch her all day but I'd get tired of her rolling her eyes and saying, "Mo-om."


 Her friends are delightful, beautiful, sassy, smart, artistic, talented, kind, lovely and wonderful.


We had a fabulous time. The weather was perfect. The lake was beautiful. It was a proper celebration for an amazing girl I get to call my daughter.

We got home the day before the fair.

You know, the County Fair. The fair full of pigs and goats and chickens and poop.


A couple of Lizzy's fabulous friends came over to the fairgrounds to help clean pigs.

I think they were sick of poop.


While her friends washed the pigs, Liz cleaned out their pen.

She went from being a bathing beauty to a farmer girl.


In case you're curious, Farmer Boy is not afraid of poop. He tells me all the time it smells like money.

Whatever.

He's not trying to hide. This is a demonstration of how to properly wipe one's nose when you are a Farmer Boy.

Thought you might want to know.

Sunday was the goat show.

Will entered a goat.



This is Marley.

We had to get her ready for her big day in the ring.




There she is. Strutting her goat stuff.

She did better than the goat Will took last year.



He left the ring with a blue ribbon in his pocket and he and Farmer Boy took Ms. Marley back to her pen in the goat barn.


Ms. Vanna White here, cleared traffic for them with her winning smile and County Fair fashion sense.

All in all it was a great day.

Tomorrow is the pig show and the chicken show.

Big day around here for the 5JFarms clan.


We told the pigs to take it easy today, rest up. Tomorrow will be big and they need their beauty sleep.

I'll let you know how we do.

Enjoy today!

Over and out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!