Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Time for Prayer

I've been gone. How's life been? Summer is going by too quickly and this morning while walking, I was dismayed to see some colored leaves on my path.

There is much to tell you and many pictures to share. The county fair with kids leading pigs around the ring. Our vacation to Mexico (yes Mexico!) with sun and beach and family.

But tonight as quiet falls and the concerns of the day hopefully hush themselves to sleep, I ask for your thoughts and prayers for a dear friend of mine who lost her brother this past weekend in a traffic accident.

Please pray for her parents who will say goodbye to their child, his wife, who will say goodbye to her husband, and for her siblings who will say goodbye to a beloved brother.

A month ago, Farmer Boy and I were privileged to attend the wedding of my dear friend. We both took it all in, watching this family who so blatantly live what they believe. We were both hesitant to leave, awed by the sights and sounds of hope, belief and joy.

The roar of death deafens, the navigation of the question "Why?" confuses, and the hit to a soul doubles one over, clutching and casting one's gaze to the ground.

Pray that the truth they hold dear will quiet death's roar, that it will gently lift up their chin, open and heal, and guide their gaze to the hope and joy laid out at the cross.

This morning I read from Psalm 37. Here are some snippets.
Trust in the Lord
Take delight in the Lord
Commit your way to the Lord
Be still before the Lord
... the Lord upholds him with his hand
Hope in the Lord

Finally, one of my favorite verses as a prayer for one of my favorite people.
There is no one like the God of Jeshurun,
who rides across the heavens to help you
and on the clouds in his majesty.
The eternal God is your refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms. (Deuteronomy 33:26-27)

We love you Caroline.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!