Friday, September 5, 2014

Back


Lovely isn't it? Thought you might want to start your day gazing at true beauty.


Waiting for the bus. I believe that is a trombone but I see it so rarely I can't be sure.


So. I know it's been a while.

I thought I'd share some photos and as you are watching, I'll chatter on and tell you what's been going on around here.

The above photos are from the first day of school which was August 19.

The kids have been at it for weeks now and are definitely back into the school routine.

Before school there was Mexico.
 

Mexico was hot and humid, sandy, waves crashing in the early morning to rouse me from sleep, completely, utterly fabulous.


We have never taken a vacation like this before but I'm so glad we did even if my mid section will never again see the light of day. A week with my precious ones.

Lovely.






I blinked and it was over.

We drove into our driveway on our return, and the grass needed to be mowed, there were chickens all over the yard, my flower beds and garden had succumbed to a weed revolt and we were back.

School started.

I began my hunt for a full time  job.

I'm still hunting and what I've found so far is that job hunting is humbling business. Is it possible that I'm not as fabulous as I think? Nonsense right? I'm good. I'm dependable. Why is no one hiring me?

That's a whole other story that I'm not going to get into here.

I took a temporary job at the university bookstore here in town. It was fun and frantic and a total frenzy. In the midst of that, Kelli packed up her things and headed back to college.

It was such a pleasure to have her home with us this summer but as the summer wore on I could see that look in her eyes. That look that longs for the return of her independence and her life away from us.

So we are back. Back into the routine of a school year. We've finished with lazy mornings and afternoon naps. Instead of cut off shorts and T-shirts, I've been wearing skirts and blouses as I pound the pavement. Bulging backpacks hang from the hooks in our kitchen. There has been school meetings, forms to sign, homework woes, and football games.

I tucked away the beach towels and can't even begin to imagine where the sunscreen is.

Kids back at it. Harvest around the corner. Farmer Boy anticipating combines and a busy work schedule and me, passing out resumes.

I'm thinking about making up some t-shirts that say, "Pick me. Choose me. Love me."



It may be a bit desperate but I'm almost there.

That's all I've got.

Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!