Thursday, September 29, 2016

What I Know Right Now

Yesterday morning I had a job interview. I stood in front of my bathroom mirror. I stared back. I asked myself the following questions.

What should I wear?

Where is that chin hair I was playing with last night while watching TV?

What if I get a booger?

What do I wear?

Does it matter if my legs are shaved?

Should I let the curls rock or should I tie them back in an attempt to subdue them?

Do I want this job?

Does it matter?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh yeah. What the heck am I going to wear?



I stood and stared a bit longer.

I looked at the patch of grey hair that makes the front of my head especially unruly and then texted my hair dresser to set up an appointment for a color.

I blew my nose thoroughly.

I threw on a skirt with leggings and my sensible but cute boots that don't  'clip clop' when I walk on tiled floor.

I tried for the chin hair but I could not get it. Where or where did it go? I can still feel it, I just can't see it.

I put on make-up which is getting tricky to do. If I put on my contacts that are prescribed for distance, I have to stand way back from the mirror to put eyeliner on. If I try to put eyeliner on before I have my contacts in, my nose and my eyeliner pencil bang up against the mirror.

Good grief.

I shaved my legs.

I tied the curls back. I decided they might be a little overwhelming as a first impression.

Off I went.

Now I wait.

And wait.

And go to my local kitchen store and buy a spiralizer so I can make this for supper.

This picture is not mine. I got this fabulous picture and recipe from Iowa Girl Eats. Check it out here.

And that my dear ones, is what I know right now.

Hope you are rocking it out there whatever you are up to.

Over and out.





2 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate chin hair.... LOL
    Did your supper turn out as good as the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It was really good. The boys ate it up. You should try it.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment!